Supply Specialist (Procurement Services), P-4 at UNICEF – May 2024

Supply Specialist (Procurement Services), P-4

For every child, a champion…

UNICEF has continually focused on access to affordable and diversified supplier markets, particularly for strategic products and services, procuring around 40% of its international offshore supplies from countries in which UNICEF also has programmes, with the remaining 60% invoiced by companies based in OECD countries. Furthermore, UNICEF’s country programmes purchase significant amount of supplies in local markets, and increasingly where possible and feasible utilize cash programming in emergencies to support resilient local markets. The rising cost to governments and partners of health products (medical devices, medicines, and vaccines), Nutrition and WASH supplies has attracted public concern across the globe along with the market failures elucidated during the COVID-19 pandemic. Access to safe, effective, quality assured, and affordable essential products for children and their families through public health services is instrumental to improving the health of children and families, improving health coverage without incurring financial depredation and achieving meaningful change.

How can you make a difference?

Summary of key functions/accountabilities:

  • Provide Normative and Technical support to UNICEF Country Offices
  • Improvement of procurement capacity in the region
  • Internal and External awareness about Procurement Services
  • Establish linkages with Supply Chain System Strengthening and other regional priorities.
  • Develop and implement adequate market shaping and activities that support local production in the region

To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…

The following minimum requirements:


  • An advanced university degree (equivalent to a Master’s) from an accredited institution is required in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field.

Work Experience:

  • At least 8 years of relevant work experience in (at the national and international levels, in supply, logistics, procurement, contracting, administration and/or other directly related technical fields is required.


  • Ability to resolve difficult, complex and sensitive situations often under pressure.
  • Ability to initiate and manage change in a diverse environment.
  • Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
  • Ability to manage and monitor the effective use of financial and material resources.
  • Ability to supervise and direct a team of professional and support staff.
  • The ability to allocate appropriate time and resources for successful achievement of goals and foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning.
  • Ability to implement clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identify priority activities and assignments, adjust priorities as required.
  • Ability to work strategically to realize organizational goals, develop strategies, set clear visions.
  • Advanced communication and negotiation skills to establish and maintain trusted partnerships for achievement of objectives and to develop close and effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
  • Skill in the identification of new opportunities or requirements to meet challenges in the field and propose changes.
  • Strong understanding of supply chain processes, from programme needs assessment, through planning, procurement and contracting, logistics and delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
  • Strong overall knowledge and understanding of UNICEF programmes, public procurement principles, financial and legal aspects of supply chain issues, ethics and risk management of supply chain operations.

Language Requirements:

  • Fluency in English is required.

The following desirables:

Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.

  • Understanding of development and humanitarian work.
  • Emergency experience an advantage.
  • Health supply chain management experience an advantage.
    Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language.

Submit Your Application

Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF on to apply