Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Reporting to: Senior Internal Control Officer
The Internal Control Officer position will support the management and monitoring of Pact Tanzania risk-based internal compliance programs to ensure effective utilization of Pact Tanzania resources. As a member of the Pact Tanzania team the Internal Control Officer, the Internal Control Officer conducts internal review of operations, systems and procedures for internal controls and compliance with the terms and conditions of the donor requirement.
• Participates in planning and conducting internal control reviews including confirmation programs and compliance testing; ensures all internal control activities are in compliance with guidance provided by the Country Office and Pact’s Director of Risk Improvement
• Prepares written reports of review findings, including specific recommendations for corrective action, where appropriate
• Reviews Country Office operations for internal controls and compliance with terms and conditions’ of donor requirements (including US Government awards) accounting standards and Pact policy .
• Reviews and tests procedures and systems of internal controls at Pact and sub recipient organizations to ensure they are functioning as planned and in accordance with sound managerial principles
• Conducts internal reviews of Pact operations, including, but not limited to procurement, accounts payable, travel expense reimbursement, cash management, and human resources processes
• Provides guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization; works cooperatively with staff at HQ and in the Country
• Office to explain and improve processes and enhance internal controls and compliance
• Participates in formulating policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and Professional Accounting/Auditing Certification required. Higher Degree a plus.
• Minimum of 4 years of Audit experience and supervisory experience required
• Experience in financial management of US Government contracts and/or sub contracts a must, preferably USAID.
• CPA/CIA certification
• Fluent English and swahili
• Experience in federal government or SEC company internal audit
• Knowledge of OMB circulars and Federal Acquisition Regulations
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Strong understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
• Consistentiy works within internal process and procedures
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Strong understanding of budgets
• Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
• Competence in using common computer applications and internal system
Apply Online Through