Job Title: Health Information System (HIS) Officer
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Advisor TB service
Dotted line supervisor : Senior Manager Health information system
Location: Dar es Salaam
The HIS Officer will work as a key member of EGPAF’s Technical team, under the day to day management of the Senior HIS manager and the dotted technical leadership of the Associate Manager SIE of the country office. The HIS Officer will work in close collaboration with other staff members to ensure that all Cap-TB project data well recorded in the system, design and review of different TB record and reporting tool, generate and analyze data and reports and presenting data to end user and monitor and evaluate Cap-TB project activities are performed in EGPAF Tanzania’s cap-TB regions with required standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Play a major role in project data management
• Take lead in Monitoring implementation of the Cap-TB project activities
• Capacity building to sub grantees as well as EGPAF staffs at project offices
• Participate in report collection, compilation, and submission to EGPAF Country office, HQ, donors and other stakeholders;
• Reviewing of all reporting tool used by EGPAF or its sub grantees where necessary
• Evaluation and use of data of the program to inform management of proper decision making process
• Support and work with Quality Improvement team to implement activities:
• A university degree in Information technology, Statistics, Health Sciences or any field providing the essential skills and experience for HIS and M&E.
• Three or more years work experience in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with M&E tool development at field and reporting levels, the DHIS, data capture and data management programs (Excel, Access, Power BI, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Training and experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and the development of M&E tools; preferably of HIV& AIDS interventions or a related field, or otherwise the capacity and motivation to acquire an in-depth knowledge of this field in a short time.
• Experience in database management, tool development and developing and conducting training.
• Previous experience in HIS management, program management and reporting; preferably under US Government regulations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Kiswahili); strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
• Experience with using national CTC2 database and DHIS2
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
The Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park , Mwaikibaki Road, Morocco
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 06TH December 2017
Apply Online Through