Cashier – Multinational Group
Employer: WSP Constructions Group
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Salary Range: $2000-3500 Monthly
Deadline: 26 March, 2018
We are currently seeking sharp, skilled and motivated Cashier/Accounting Assistant to supervise and undertake all assigned projects and corporate accounting functions of WSP Group’s Corporate Head office annex. The Cashier provides support to the corporate accountant, Project Managers, Cost Accounting Manager and other team members as required or needed. This position Work closely with clients, vendors and subcontractors. Strong working knowledge of accounting functions, MS Office, and related accounting software’s is required. The Cashier also assists the Accounting + Financial reporting department members with the daily processes and procedures of the department while focusing on excellent customer service with vendors. This Position requires the ability to support all accounting functions for WSP Group and any subsidiary companies. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, managers, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. WSP develops creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer lasting solutions within Property & Buildings, Industry, Transportation Infrastructure, Environment, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), Water, Power & Energy sectors with delivery and strategic consulting services. At WSP, we continuously innovate and make extraordinary efforts to always attract, employ, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. WSP offers competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills, experience and the opportunity to be part of an “up and coming” player in the lucrative international construction / engineering market. We also attach residential Accommodations to our International employees and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you’re Interested to work with us, kindly forward your recent CV and cover letter through WSP’s career email or job apply button displayed below.
Essential duties + Responsibilities:
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in WSP core values
- Maintain Accounting records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging
- Initiate the Accounts Payable process by scanning invoices into workflow and coding to proper personnel
- Distribute vendor payment checks
- Track the check distribution process in order to respond to vendor inquiries
- Assist with financial statement audit documentation
- Assist with compiling documentation for client audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Reconcile vendor statements monthly/as necessary
- Reconcile credit card statements and process all receipts including employee expense reports
- Perform Accounts payable entries of various companies
- Process and file all invoices – Accounts Payable
- Ability to handle complex projects and tasks and work closely day to day with the Accountant and other project/service accountants.
- Ability and willingness to develop strong internal and external client working relationships.
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing and evolving environment.
- Participation in identification of process improvement and lessons learned.
- Flexible, detail oriented and thorough.
- Solid time management skills, organized and detail oriented.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with both internal and external clients.
- Must be a strong team player and be proactively dedicated to the mission and core values of the organization.
Major skills + Requirements:
- OND, HND, Professional qualification or Degree in accounting, business administration or other related field and/or 2+ years of experience in a accounting related environment\
- Applicants with +7yrs work experience on this field without formal qualification can be considered
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, files, and performs specialized skills.
- Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
- Experience in all accounting functions
- Occasionally serving as backup to other members of the accounting team
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Computer Skills: Order Processing System, Inventory management
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables and standardized situations
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail
- Must be flexible with project types and responsibilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines
- A Graduate level salary and compensation offer
At WSP Corporate:
We offer a unique culture with solid values, excellent training, career growth opportunities and competitive benefits, including:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid life insurance, short & long term disability insurance
- Voluntary buy-up life insurance
- Graduate level salary and compensation offer
- Business class personal / family flight return tickets to/from International corporate operation location
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation/Holiday pay
- Corporate furnished accommodation
- Company-sponsored in-service study and apprenticeship program
- An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employment
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter through:
APPLY ONLINE THROUGH
Apply Online Through